Our place is 35 minutes away from the beautiful and grandiose city of Carcassonne, a strategic place at all times, today it is open to the public and welcomes you every year for the festival of the city with a colorful program.
Saved from destruction and then restored in the 19th century in a sometimes controversial manner under the direction of Viollet-le-Duc, the City of Carcassonne has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1997. Its 2500 years of history make it the unmissable site of the region.
It is a real plunge through time, go back to the time of the knights, breathe history through the walls of this fortress!
Moreover, once on site, you are in the heart of our country, with :
- The winegrowers of the Corbières, Minervois, Cabardes and Malepère crus for a small tasting with these men of character.
- The many parks: adventure and animals
- The many historical monuments
- One step away from the Cathar castles (Lastours, Peyrepertuse, Quéribus)
- The Limousis Cave and the Cabrespine Abyss
- The Canal du Midi and its locks
- The numerous restaurants of the foodtruck with stars that cook you the products of our soil
- The many discovery trails on the surrounding hills
- The accrobranche of lac de la Cavayère
- The book village of Montolieu with its organic vegetable distributor and small restaurants
- Lake of Buzerens in Bram and its nautical activities: water skiing, kneeboard, wakeskate, handiskate, wakeboard
- Chateau de Saissac and its impressive view of the Lauragais, the fertile land of our country
In short, you’re in the heart of our beautiful region and you’re going to enjoy it so much!
In the events not to be missed, live an exceptional moment with the burning of the city on July 14th or the sound and light show on the ramparts.